Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Web Galleries and Templates - Confusing Terms

Adobe Lightroom has specific terms when it comes to web galleries, templates, saved settings and presets. When you use a word processor, you refer to a template as a base for filling in the blanks and creating a new document. In Lightroom, this type of template is referred to as a WEB GALLERY. Also, in many software realms, you refer to a collection of stored items that get applied to a template as presets. In Lightroom, these presets are called TEMPLATES.

While this can be confusing to the beginner, this Lightroom convention is used throughout the community. I am in the process of reviewing my articles here to be sure I use that convention - Please bear with me while I make the change!

Don't forget to visit my photography web site where we sell museum quality black and white prints framed to last up to 175 years - Outdoor Images Fine Art.

No comments: